You may notice that I feature alot of recipes that have tuna in them. Yes that is true, mainly because it is something the whole family likes. So it means I cook one meal. Also because often it is something I can cook ahead and not worry about. What I mean about that is that cooking chicken especially makes me nervous. I always worry about the temperature of it and whether it is hot enough. I cannot cook it ahead, I don’t like to freeze it, the whole thing just worries me.
Plus I am not the hugest fan of meat. I like some fish but meat, no thanks. So it is a personal taste as well. All my boys love their meat so I try and cook it for them but sometimes I forget, just because tuna, fish and vegetarian cooking is easier for me.
So this week, I am featuring a tuna recipe, what a surprise. I found this beauty at bigoven.com, just a couple of tweaks from me. Here is how I make it.
Scalloped Potato and Tuna Bake
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free plain flour
- 2 tbsp seeded mustard (or any you have)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 425g can tuna, drained
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 mins then drain. Try and cool a little.
- Melt butter on medium heat, add plain flour and mustard and stir, cooking a little.
- Add milk and stir over a medium/high heat until it thickens, takes about 10 mins
- Place 1/2 potatoes in a prepared baking dish. Add the drained tuna. Place the rest of the potatoes on top.
- Pour the sauce over the top of dish
- Bake in oven 45 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Weekly Gluten Free Menu
Monday – Scalloped Potato and Tuna Bake
Tuesday – Mexibake
Wednesday – Snags on the barbie – is there anything else on Australia Day?
Thursday – Vegetable Slice – love this slice, just toss vegies in and mix the other stuff and its good to go. (just use gluten free SR flour)
Saturday -Home made Fish and Chips
Sunday – Another BBQ – it is summer after all!
I am linking up to Org Junkie‘s Menu Plan Monday. Great inspiration there so be sure to check out everyone else’s menu plan.
Have a wonderful week